Graphic Services/Ad Creation
This is a sample contract only - if you decide to use our services, we'll send you a current version via email.
1) Authorization: The client (hereinafter referred to as"client") is engaging Mongoose On The Loose Web Design (hereinafter referred to as "MOTL") as an independent contractor for the specific purpose of creating custom artwork to be used as advertising in ptint or on the web. The client hereby authorizes MOTL to do the work as specified in the completed Client Questionaire, and to provide the finished artwork to both the client, and if requested to the advertising agency or entity.
2) Time Frame: MOTL and the client agree to work diligently together toward the completion of this project. The client understands that if changes are made to the original work specifications, this date (and the original estimate) may be impacted.
3) Response Time: MOTL will respond to all inquiries within 48 hours. Our primary method of communication is email (email@example.com).
4) Copyrights: the client hereby unconditionally guarantees that all text, graphics, photos, trademarks, designs and any other materials provided to MOTL by the client are either owned by the client, or used by permission of the owners of said materials. The client agrees to hold harmless, protect and defend MOTL from any claim or suit arising from the use of these materials. Similarly, MOTL warrants that all graphics and text supplied by MOTL for use in the graphic creation are either owned by MOTL or used with permission.
5) Project Content: MOTL is not responsible for any content the client decides to include in the project.
6) Project Copyright: Copyright to all materials in the project is held by MOTL until completion and final payment for the project. At that time, the ownership of the entire project passes to the client. Materials such as CGI programs which were not originally created by MOTL remain the property of their respective owners, and shall be for the client's use only.
7) Subcontractors: MOTL reserves the right to subcontract certain portions of this job to expedite completion, if needed.
8) Changes to the Original Project: Any client changes in the original project that result in additional work for MOTL will be billed to the client at the rate of $80 an hour, above and beyond the estimated site cost.
9) Cancellation of the Project: If the client halts work and applies for a refund within thirty days of signing this agreement, the initial deposit, minus all work completed at $80 an hour, will be returned to the client.
10) Final Approval: Upon completion of the project, the client has 7 days to approve the work. If the client fails to respond within this time frame, MOTL will consider the work approved, and the final payment will be due.
11) Payment: Fees to MOTL are due on the following schedule: a deposit of 50% of the low-end estimate is due upon the signing of this contract; the balance is due upon completion of the project, as defined in the client's original written specifications. Payments will be via credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover) in US funds, to Mongoose On The Loose Web Design. File transfer of the project to the client's ad agency or advertising entity will be done only after the final payment has been made. Final payment will be due 7 calendar days after notification of site completion. A late fee of $25 will be assessed for each week the payment is late. MOTL will assess a $25 charge for any checks that are not cleared through your bank. In addition, the client will be responsible for any bank fees imposed on MOTL's bank account as a result of the client's uncleared check.
12) Deliverables: Upon clearance of the final payment, MOTL will provide the client with the completed artwork (via FTP upload to the client's ISP, via email, or via CD-rom).
13) References: MOTL reserves the right to reference your artwork in any of its advertising or publicity.
14) Sole Agreement: The agreement contained in this "Web Page Design Agreement" constitutes the sole agreement between MOTL and the client regarding this project. Any additional work not specified in this contract must be authorized by a written change order, and may be subject to additional fees and/or charges.
I warrant that I have the authority to execute this contract on behalf of myself and/or my company, and acknowledge that I have read and understand this contract and have received a copy.